The Aim of the Telehandler Forklift Course is to:
Provide the candidate with the basic knowledge and practical skills involved in operating the telescopic handler .
The Objectives of the Course are to enable delegates to:
- Be able to operate the machine safely and correctly in accordance with manufacturers' instructions and accepted good practice.
- Carry out a pre-shift inspection.
- Be able to load and unload vehicles and static racking.
- Understand the causes of instability of the truck and loads.
- Have an understanding of responsibilities under Health and Safety at Work Order & other current relevant legislation.
Telehandler Forklift Course Summary
- Provision and Use of Work Equipment Regulations
- Lifting Operations and Lifting Equipment Regulations 1998
- Health and Safety at Work Order
- Other current relevant regulations
- Introduction to machine
- Pre - shift inspections
- Controls and instruments
- Components and main types of lift trucks
- Re - fuelling systems
- Coolant, fuel and lubrication systems
- Emergency controls
- Manoeuvring over uneven ground
- Operators safety code
- Handling loaded / unloaded pallets and difficult shaped loads
- Loading and Unloading flat bed lorries and at various heights
Course Duration Dependent On Experience
Experienced Operator: 1 Day Assessment only
Novice Operator: 1-5 Days
For further details on this course and booking your place, please call 07724 967694