The aim Of The NPORS Cat & Genny Training is to:
provide training in Cable Avoidance and Service Location (Cat and Genny). Training is designed for any person working on the roads, setting out before a build, surveying and any other person excavating an area where pipes or cables may be buried underground.
NPORS is an approved CSCS Partner Card Scheme, providing evidence that individuals working on construction sites have the appropriate training and qualifications for the cable avoidance. Furthermore, training criteria is based on the approved standards of the Construction Leadership Council.
Most major contractors should accept the NPORS Cable Avoidance card when presented on-site, which displays the silver CSCS logo.
- Responsibilities under the Health & Safety at Work Act, 1974, and other relevant.
- Cover all aspects of HSG47
- legislation and guidelines.
- Provision & Use of Work Equipment Regulation.
- Manual Handling Regulation.
- Personal Protective Equipment Regulation
- The function and operation of all controls of the cable avoidance tool (CAT).
- The function and operation of all controls of the signal generator (GENNY).
- Correct use in Power, Radio and generator mode(dependent on type there may be other modes)
- Testing, Inspection and maintenance of the equipment.
- Correct search procedure, pinpointing and tracing the service
- 1 Day course for all candidates
- Location: Tewkesbury or at our clients’ site nationwide
- Funding: CITB Funding may be available, Find out more by clicking the CITB logo below
- Traditional card – lasts for 5 years and is mainly accepted with housebuilders, utilities, port and marine as proof of competence OR
- NPORS card with CSCS logo – accepted by all major building contractor’s. The initial card is the RED trained operator card which lasts for 2 years and can be upgraded to BLUE competent operator card further to completion of relevant NVQ.
- In house certificates: suitable as proof of operator competence accepted for insurance and HSE compliance.
If you require the NPORS Cable Avoidance Red operator card with the CSCS logo on then you must have completed the operatives health and safety test within the last two years.
Why Book Your Test With VPT
- Cat & Genny Training Available 7 days a week to suit your business requirements.
- VPT have a team of friendly and approachable instructors, who have a wealth of knowledge of cable avoidance and the construction industry
- We have our own training centre conveniently located close to the M5 junction 9, In Tewkesbury. With its own purpose-built practical training area to simulate an actual working environment for the cat & genny course.
- Our Cable Avoidance training and test packages are priced to be competitive. Discounts are available for multiple bookings
- We can send a fully qualified NPORS cat & genny Tester to your site nationwide, to reduce the amount of time away from work
If you have any questions or to book your Cat & Genny Training or test today for a low fee deposit, please Email us or call 01684 297167