The aim of the NPORS Dumper Training is to:
provide both theoretical and practical Dumper training to ensure the safe usage of the Forward Tipping Dumper and including the safe and efficient operation of tracked or wheeled machines. As a result of the training you will receive the red trained operator card or the Traditional NPORS Card
Vally Plant training can provide either training for novice users or an NPORS/CSCS Dumper Experienced Worker Test either at our Gloucestershire based training centre or on our customer’s sites.
The Forward Tipping Dumper Course provides safety knowledge and practical training in the safe use of tracked or wheeled Dumpers.
It is important that all delegates have a good understanding of spoken and written English for Dumper training, however you can use an Interpreter
NPORS is an approved CSCS Partner Card Scheme, firstly providing evidence that individuals working on construction sites have the appropriate training and qualifications but more importantly for the safe operation of the Forward Tipping Dumper. Furthermore, training criteria is based on the approved standards of the Construction Leadership Council.
NPORS Dumper Test For Experienced Operators
NPORS Dumper Test is for operators who have received some form of training in the past or alternatively has been operating Dumper trucks for a number of years. If you are unsure if you qualify to go down the test route please contact our team to discuss this in more detail.
There are two parts to the Dumper test: a theory section comprised of 25 questions and a practical session.
Forward Tipping Dumper Training Covers:
The Dumper Training spends time developing skills and knowledge associated with the forward tipping dumper to prepare the candidate to sit and pass, the NPORS Theory and Practical Tests.
Training Topics Include:-
- Site Safety Awareness.
- Operating Safety Code.
- Introduction to machine and Controls.
- Pre-Start Checks and Refueling.
- General Operating Practice unladen and laden.
- Travel over rough, undulating ground, steep inclines and level surfaces- loaded and unloaded
- Explain the actions required for hazards underground and overhead services
- Ensure load integrity and security
- Transfer loads to different locations
- Loading & Unloading Practices.
- Park and shut down procedures.
- NPORS Multi-Choice Theory Test.
- NPORS Practical Skills Test.
- Mini Dumper/Skip Loader
- All sizes (excluding Mini Dumper/Skip Loader)
- Wheeled or Tracked
- 180 Tipping
Forward Tipping Dumper Course Duration & Cost
- Experienced Worker Test: 1 day test only, maximum of 6 candidates.
- Novice: 3 days training maximum of 3 candidates.
- Location: Tewkesbury Training Centre
- Funding: CITB Funding may be available, Find out more by clicking the CITB logo below
- At Our Customers Site Nationwide*: VPT Will send a fully qualified NPORS Forward Tipping Dumper Instructor/tester to your site to complete the training or testing
*Mileage and accommodation charges may apply
- Traditional card – lasts for 5 years and is mainly accepted with housebuilders, utilities, port and marine as proof of competence OR
- NPORS card with CSCS logo – accepted by all major building contractor’s. The initial card is the RED trained operator card which lasts for 2 years and can be upgraded to BLUE competent operator card further to completion of relevant NVQ.
- In house certificates: suitable as proof of operator competence accepted for insurance and HSE compliance.
If you require the NPORS Forward Tipping Dumper Red operator card with the CSCS logo on then you must have completed the operatives health and safety test within the last two years.
Why Book Your Test With VPT
- Forward Tipping Dumper Training Available 7 days a week to suit your business requirements.
- VPT have a team of friendly and approachable instructors, who have a wealth of knowledge of Dumper Trucks and the construction industry
- We have our own training centre conveniently located close to the M5 junction 9, In Tewkesbury. With its own purpose-built Dumper practical training area to simulate an actual working environment
- Our Dumper training and test packages are priced to be competitive. Discounts are available for multiple bookings
- We can send a fully qualified NPORS Dumper Tester to your site nationwide, to reduce the amount of time away from work
For further details on the NPORS dumper training and to book your place, please contact us or call 01684 297167
Safe Use of Dumpers Guidance
The Strategic Forum Plant Safety Group are pleased to launch their latest work on a Good Practice Guide for the Safe Use of Dumpers. This guidance was borne out of an industry forum set up through a partnership of the Construction Plant-hire Association (CPA), the Health and Safety Executive (HSE) and the Civil Engineering Contractors Association (CECA) who took the initiative to tackle the increasing number of dumper incidents which were leading to untimely deaths. DOWNLOAD THE GUIDANCE HERE(CPA)