The aim of the Lift Supervisor Training Course is to:
Provide candidates with underpinning knowledge to allow them to understand the role and responsibility of the Lift Supervisor. Following successful completion of the NPORS Lift Supervisor training candidates will be able to understand and follow safe systems of work for lifting operations.
Experienced operator – NPORS Lift Supervisor Test
NPORS Lift Supervisor Experienced Worker Test is for operators who have received some form of training in the past or alternatively has been working with Lifting equipment for a number of years. If you are unsure if you qualify to go down the experienced test route please contact our team to discuss this in more detail.
There are two parts to the test: a theory section comprised of 25 questions and a practical session.
Who should attend the lift supervisors course:
The course is aimed at anyone who is required to supervise lifting operations. It is recommended that prior to attending this course individuals should have some experience of working with lifting equipment.
The NPORS Lift Supervisor Training includes
- An Introduction to the Construction Industry.
- Provision and Use of Work Equipment Regulations.
- Lifting Operations and Lifting Equipment Regulations.
- Health and Safety at Work Order.
- Other current relevant regulations.
- Requirements of loads to be lifted from a height.
- Maintenance, inspection & through examinations.
- Lifting accessory selection & application.
- Operators Code of Safe Practice.
- Sling sizes & angles, slinging techniques for balanced & unbalanced loads.
- Prepare and mark out the lifting area for setting up the crane
- Theory and practical training and assessment
NPORS Crane Supervisor Course Duration
- Novice: 3 Day’s Training, maximum of 6 candidates.
- Experienced Operator: 1 Day test only, maximum of 6 candidates.
- Location: Tewkesbury Training Centre
- At Our Customers Site Nationwide*: Our instructors travel throughout the UK To deliver crane supervisor training
- Funding: CITB Funding may be available, Find out more by clicking the CITB logo below
*Mileage and accommodation charges may apply
- Traditional card – lasts for 5 years and is mainly accepted with housebuilders, utilities, port and marine as proof of competence OR
- NPORS card with CSCS logo – accepted by all major building contractor’s. The initial card is the RED trained operator card which lasts for 2 years and can be upgraded to BLUE competent operator card further to completion of relevant NVQ.
- In house certificates: suitable as proof of operator competence accepted for insurance and HSE compliance.
If you require the NPORS Crane Supervisor Red operator card with the CSCS logo on then you must have completed the operatives health and safety test within the last two years.
Why Book Your Test With VPT
- Crane Supervisor Training Available 7 days a week to suit your business requirements.
- VPT have a team of friendly and approachable instructors, who have a wealth of knowledge of lifting supervision and the construction industry
- We have our own training centre conveniently located close to the M5 junction 9, In Tewkesbury. With its own purpose-built practical training area to simulate an actual working environment for the supervisor course.
- Our Lift Supervisor training and test packages are priced to be competitive. Discounts are available for multiple bookings
- We can send a fully qualified NPORS supervisor Tester to your site nationwide, to reduce the amount of time away from work
For further details on the lift supervisor training and to book your place, please contact us or call 01684 297167