NPORS Material Re-Handler Training
Material Re-Handler Training
The aim of the NPORS Material Re-Handler Training is to provide training and assessment of candidates to ensure safe and efficient operation of a Material Re-Handler (360 °). We support users of both tracked or wheeled Re-Handlers, that are either above or below 10 tonnes.
All candidates will be trained and assessed by our fully accredited NPORS Instructors
.It is important that all delegates have a good understanding of spoken and written English for Material re-handler training, however you can use an Interpreter
NPORS is an approved CSCS Partner Card Scheme, providing evidence that individuals working on construction sites have the appropriate training and qualifications for the safe operation of the material re-handler. Furthermore, training criteria is based on the approved standards of the Construction Leadership Council.
Experienced operator – NPORS Material Re-Handler Test
NPORS material re-handler Test is for operators who have received some form of training in the past or alternatively has been operating the material re-handler for several years. If you are unsure if you qualify to go down the test route please contact us to discuss this in more detail.
There are two parts to the material re-handler test, a theory section comprised of 25 questions and a practical session.
To develop the skills and knowledge required when using a Material Re-handler, the following topics are covered:
- Responsibilities under the Health and Safety at Work Act 1974, PUWER 1998, LOLER 1998 and other relevant legislation.
- Have knowledge of the operators manual and able to locate information about the machines controls and operation
- Have a basic understanding of the industry, the dangers of working in the industry and their responsibility of a plant operator
- Pre-operational checks and daily maintenance of the machine
- Manoeuvring: pre-operational safety checks set up and machine positioning
- Be able to locate components and identify major components of the machine and explain their function
- Loading of a vehicle stockpile work mobility and stability factors
- Safety rules applicable to operating
- Safe use of attachments
- End of Shift Checks
- Excavator below 10T.
- Excavator above and below 10T Wheeled Or Tracked.
Why Book Your Test With VPT
- Material Re-handler Training Available 7 days a week to suit your business requirements.
- VPT have a team of friendly and approachable instructors, who have a wealth of knowledge of material re-handlers and the construction industry
- We have our own training centre conveniently located close to the M5 junction 9, In Tewkesbury. With its own purpose-built practical training area to simulate an actual working environment with the material re-handler
- Our re-handler training and test packages are priced to be competitive. Discounts are available for multiple bookings
- We can send a fully qualified NPORS re-handler Tester to your site nationwide, to reduce the amount of time away from work
3 Day Crane/Lift Supervisor Course. £895 pp
29/11/23 – 01/12/23
18/12/23 – 20/12/23
Book your place today as spaces are limited
Material Re-handler Course Duration
The Novice material re-handler duration can vary depending on the experience of the candidate.
Experienced Operator: 1 Day test only, maximum 4 candidates
Novice Operator: 1-10 Days training , maximum 3 candidates
Location*: At our clients’ site nationwide
*Mileage and accommodation charges may apply
Traditional card – lasts for 5 years and is mainly accepted with housebuilders, utilities, port and marine as proof of competence OR
NPORS card with CSCS logo – accepted by all major building contractor’s. The initial card is the RED trained operator card which lasts for 2 years and can be upgraded to BLUE competent operator card further to completion of relevant NVQ.
CSCS Health & Safety Test
If you require the NPORS Material Re-handler Red operator card with the CSCS logo on then you must have completed the operatives health and safety test within the last two years.
In house certificates: suitable as proof of operator competence accepted for insurance and HSE compliance.