Aim of the NPORS Plant Loader Securer Training.
The NPORS plant loader securer training course is intended for delivery drivers who operate plant equipment to load onto the delivery vehicles. Additionally workers with the responsibility for securing the plant, using securing equipment.
Unsafe loads on vehicles injure more than 1,200 people a year and cost UK businesses millions of pounds in damaged goods. There has been an increasing number of accidents involving mobile plant during loading/unloading or during transportation resulting in fatalities.
In line with recommendations from the Safety of Loads on Vehicles from the Department Of Transport, the course will provide both theoretical and practical training to ensure candidates are able to carry out the duties of Plant Loader Securer.
NPORS is an approved CSCS Partner Card Scheme, providing evidence that individuals working on construction sites have the appropriate training and qualifications for the plant loader securer duties. Furthermore, training criteria is based on the approved standards of the Construction Leadership Council.
Experienced operator – NPORS Plant Loader Securer Test
NPORS Plant Loader Securer Test is for operators who have received some form of training in the past or alternatively has been operating the Plant Loader Securer for several years. If you are unsure if you qualify to go down the test route please contact us to discuss this in more detail.
There are two parts to the test: a theory section comprised of 25 questions and a practical session.
Plant Loader and Securer Training covers:
- All relevant health and safety and current legislation and British Standards
- Load or guide items of plant onto a transporter.
- Position items of plant on the transporter to ensure no overloading of transporter axles.
- Ensure integrity and security of items of plant plus attachments using a range of restraining equipment
- Prepare an area for the purposes of loading and unloading construction plant.
- Prepare a transporter for receiving different items of construction plant, which must include tracked, wheeled and roller types.
- Agree and give appropriate signals to the plant operator.
- Check equipment prior to operations
- Prepare a transporter for road travel.
- Ensure intended route of travel is compatible with load weight, width and height.
- Explain the specific requirements of current legislation for equipment designed for transporting construction plant.
- State the requirements to be undertaken when loading and unloading plant on the public highway.
Plant Loader Securer Course Duration
- Novice Operator: 2 days training, maximum 3 candidates
- Experienced Worker Test: 1 day test only, maximum of 6 candidates
- Location*: At our clients’ site nationwide
- Funding: CITB Funding may be available, Find out more by clicking the CITB logo below
*Mileage and accommodation charges may apply
- Traditional card – lasts for 5 years and is mainly accepted with housebuilders, utilities, port and marine as proof of competence OR
- NPORS card with CSCS logo – accepted by all major building contractor’s. The initial card is the RED trained operator card which lasts for 2 years and can be upgraded to BLUE competent operator card further to completion of relevant NVQ.
- In house certificates: suitable as proof of operator competence accepted for insurance and HSE compliance.
If you require the NPORS plant loader securer Red operator card with the CSCS logo on then you must have completed the operatives health and safety test within the last two years.
Why Book Your Test With VPT
- Plant Loader Securer Training Available 7 days a week to suit your business requirements.
- VPT have a team of friendly and approachable instructors, who have a wealth of knowledge of the loading and securing and the construction industry
- We have our own training centre conveniently located close to the M5 junction 9, In Tewkesbury, however this course must be on your site. With its own purpose-built practical training area to simulate an actual working environment.
- Our Loader Securer training and test packages are priced to be competitive. Discounts are available for multiple bookings
- We can send a fully qualified NPORS Plant Loader Securer Tester to your site nationwide, to reduce the amount of time away from work