NPORS Plant Mover Training
The aim of the NPORS Plant Mover course is to:
Provide candidates with the training and knowledge to enable them to carry out the movement of plant equipment safely. This course is aimed at people who are responsible for moving the machinery around the site, this could be maintenance staff or drivers who deliver the machinery to site. All staff should be trained in the safe operation of plant or machinery.
NPORS is an approved CSCS Partner Card Scheme, providing evidence that individuals working on construction sites have the appropriate training and qualifications for safe movement of construction machinery. Furthermore, training criteria is based on the approved standards of the Construction Leadership Council.
Experienced operator – NPORS Plant mover Test
NPORS Plant Mover Test is for operators who have received some form of training in the past or alternatively has been operating the Plant mover for several years. If you are unsure if you qualify to go down the test route please contact us to discuss this in more detail.
There are two parts to the plant mover test, a theory section comprised of 25 questions and a practical session.
- Have a basic understanding of the industry, the dangers of working in the industry and their responsibilities as an operator.
- Have a working knowledge of the manufacturer‘s handbook for each machine.
- Be able to locate and identify the major components of the machine and explain their functions.
- Be able to locate and identify all controls and operate the machine safely.
- Conduct all pre-operational checks in accordance with the manufacturer‘s recommendations.
- Use the correct PPE for Plant Movers.
- Prepare machinery for movement and operate machinery safely in forward and reverse gears over varying terrain.
- Conduct all necessary safety checks in the working area.
- Correct Storage and transportation of machinery attachments (buckets, forks, breakers etc).
- Carry out all end of shift and shut down procedures.
- Lifting equipment
- Earthmoving equipment
- Accessing Equipment
Why Book Your Test With VPT
- Plant Mover Training Available 7 days a week to suit your business requirements.
- VPT have a team of friendly and approachable instructors, who have a wealth of knowledge of plant movers and the construction industry
- We have our own training centre conveniently located close to the M5 junction 9, In Tewkesbury. With its own purpose-built practical training area to simulate an actual working environment for the movement of plant
- Our Plant Mover training and test packages are priced to be competitive. Discounts are available for multiple bookings
- We can send a fully qualified NPORS Plant Mover Tester to your site nationwide, to reduce the amount of time away from work
For further details on the plant mover training and to book your place, please contact us or call 01684 297167
Excavator Below 10t Test only
on 23rd July, 2 spaces available
Roller 3 Day Novice Course
28-30th July, 2 spaces available
Dumper 3 Day Novice Course
3-5th August, 2 spaces available
Excavator Below 10t Test Only
On 6th August 3 Spaces Available
NPORS Plant Mover Course Duration
Novice Operator: 2 days training, maximum 6 candidates.
Experienced Worker Test: 1 day test only, maximum 8 candidates.
Location: Tewkesbury Training Centre or at your site nationwide
Funding: CITB Funding may be available, Find out more by clicking the CITB logo below
At Our Customers Site Nationwide*: Our instructors travel throughout the UK To deliver plant mover training
*Mileage and accommodation charges may apply
Traditional card – lasts for 5 years and is mainly accepted with housebuilders, utilities, port and marine as proof of competence OR
NPORS card with CSCS logo – accepted by all major building contractor’s. The initial card is the RED trained operator card which lasts for 2 years and can be upgraded to BLUE competent operator card further to completion of relevant NVQ.
CSCS Health & Safety Test
If you require the NPORS Plant Mover Red operator card with the CSCS logo on then you must have completed the operatives health and safety test within the last two years.
In house certificates: suitable as proof of operator competence accepted for insurance and HSE compliance.