The aim of the NPORS Slinger Signaller Training:
To provide training/assessment and knowledge in the safe and efficient operation of slinging and moving loads using hand signals or radios. On successful completion of the slinger signaller training, you will be issued with the NPORS identity card.
NPORS is an approved CSCS Partner Card Scheme, providing evidence that individuals working on construction sites have the appropriate training and qualifications for safe use of the lifting equipment. Furthermore, training criteria is based on the approved standards of the Construction Leadership Council.
Experienced operator – NPORS Slinger Signaller Test
NPORS Slinger Signaller Test is for operators who have received some form of training in the past or alternatively has been operating the Slinger Signaller for several years. If you are unsure if you qualify to go down the test route please contact us to discuss this in more detail.
There are two parts to the test: a theory section comprised of 25 questions and a practical session.
The course will cover the legislation’s below plus BS7121
- Health & Safety at Work Act 1974.
- Management of Health & Safety At Work Regulations 1999.
- Provision & Use of Work Equipment Regulations 1998.
- Lifting Operations & Lifting Equipment Regulations 1998.
- Personal Protective Equipment at Work Regulations 2002.
- Safety procedures
- Machine operation for all normal tasks
- How to calculate weights and sizes of loads and how to inform the plant operator of these findings
- Understanding the effects of load size, weight, gradients and ground conditions upon machine stability
- Routine servicing and maintenance in accordance with the manufacturer‘s instructions
- How to select, use and maintain the appropriate lifting tackle for a job
- Clear and accepted signals for moving a load
- Individual job responsibilities
- Novice: 3 days, maximum of 3 candidates.
- Experienced Worker Test: 1 day test only, maximum of 6 candidates.
- Location: Tewkesbury Training Centre
- Funding: CITB Funding may be available, Find out more by clicking the CITB logo below
- At Our Customers Site Nationwide*: Our instructors travel throughout the uk to deliver the slinger signaller training
- Traditional card – lasts for 5 years and is mainly accepted with housebuilders, utilities, port and marine as proof of competence OR
- NPORS card with CSCS logo – accepted by all major building contractor’s. The initial card is the RED trained operator card which lasts for 2 years and can be upgraded to BLUE competent operator card further to completion of relevant NVQ.
- In house certificates: suitable as proof of operator competence accepted for insurance and HSE compliance.
If you require the NPORS Slingers Red operator card with the CSCS logo on then you must have completed the operatives health and safety test within the last two years.
Why Book Your Test With VPT
- Slinger Signaller Training Available 7 days a week to suit your business requirements.
- VPT have a team of friendly and approachable instructors, who have a wealth of knowledge of the Slinger Signaller and the construction industry
- We have our own training centre conveniently located close to the M5 junction 9, In Tewkesbury. With its own purpose-built practical training area to simulate an actual working environment as a slinger signaller
- Our slinger signaller training and test packages are priced to be competitive. Discounts are available for multiple bookings
- We can send a fully qualified NPORS slinger Tester to your site nationwide, to reduce the amount of time away from work
For further details on the slinger signaller training and to book your place, please contact us or call 01684 297167