The level 4 NVQ Diploma in Controlling Lifting Operations — Supervising Lifts will develop knowledge and skills in areas such as lifting operations and developing and maintaining good working relationships.
This qualification covers the following areas:
- supervising lifting operations using lifting equipment in the workplace
- co-ordinating and organising the control of work in the workplace
- allocating and monitoring the use of plant, equipment or machinery in the workplace
- maintaining the dimensional accuracy of the work in the workplace
- co-ordinating preparation work for site or lifting operations in the workplace
- allocating work and checking people’s performance in the workplace
The primary purpose of this qualification is to develop and confirm the learner’s occupational competence as a supervisor of lifting operations. As a work-related, competence-based qualification, it will provide confirmation to employers and industry managers and card schemes that learners have the skills and knowledge needed to meet the nationally-recognised standard to carry out the role.
The qualification is assessed by completing a portfolio of evidence. This can include observation, professional discussion, witness testimony and supporting documentary evidence. The assessor can work alongside the learner to confirm that they have met the requirements of the qualification and that they are therefore competent in their role.
Learners will prove their competence by being observed by the assessor as they carry out their normal work activities competently and to the industry standard. They will also show that they comply with current legislation and company procedures.
The assessment process will ensure that the learner can:
- interpret the instructions correctly
- select the appropriate resources for the task
- complete tasks within the given timescales and specifications
The qualification is designed to meet the following objectives:
- supporting a role in the workplace
- knowledge, understanding and skills
Dependent on how quickly the learner can gather the relevant evidence
£1200.00 Plus VAT
50% due when booking the NVQ and the remainder due prior to completion