NPORS Excavator Training
NPORS 360 Excavator Training
The objective of the NPORS Excavator Training course is to deliver comprehensive theoretical and practical training, ensuring the safe utilisation of excavators. This course covers the proficient operation of both tracked or wheeled machines, catering to potential Digger operators. Upon successfully completing the NPORS Excavator Training Course, participants will be awarded the red trained operator card or the NPORS Traditional card, signifying their competence in excavator operation.
This Novice Excavator course spans five days and provides personalised 1 on 1 training, offering participants a focused and tailored learning experience to enhance their skills in excavator operation.
NPORS Excavator Training or testing can be carried out on your site or ours
NPORS Excavator Test £360.00
NPORS Excavator Test is for operators who have been using the excavators in the workplace for a few years or that they have had some form of in-formal training in the past. If you are unsure if you qualify to go down the test route please contact our team to discuss this in more detail. If you book this route with us you will receive revision notes for the 25 questions.
NPORS Lifting Operations, Excavator As A Crane is an add on to the excavator operator card to enable the operator to safely pick and carry underslung loads
Turn your Excavator red card to blue with our hassle free Excavator NVQ, for more information EXCAVATOR NVQ
NPORS Excavator Training Course Content
To develop both skills and knowledge associated with this type of machine, the following topics will be covered:
Excavator Training Theory
- Statutory Requirements.
- Site Safety Awareness.
- Operating Safety Code.
- Road & Site Travelling Procedures.
- NPORS Multiple Choice Theory Test.
Practical Excavator Training:
- Introduction to the Machine.
- Control Familiarisation.
- Pre-Start Checks & Basic Maintenance Procedures.
- Basic Driving Procedures & Practice.
- Use of Hydraulic Controls.
- Parking at End of Shift Procedures/ Practice.
- Road & Site Travelling Procedures/Practice.
- Excavating & Digging Procedures/Practice.
- Trenching Procedures/Practice.
- Back-filling Procedures/Practice.
- Site Levelling & Ground Consolidation Procedures/Practice.
- Practical Skills Tests.
- Micro Excavator up to 1T
- Excavator Below 10T
- Excavator above and below 10T
- Wheeled Or Tracked
- 180 excavator (3CX)
- Lifting Operations (additional)
Why Book Your Test With VPT
- Excavator Training Available 7 days a week to suit your business requirements.
- VPT have a team of friendly and approachable instructors, who have a wealth of knowledge of the excavator and the construction industry
- We have our own training centre conveniently located close to the M5 junction 9, In Tewkesbury. With its own purpose-built Excavator practical training area to simulate an actual working environment.
- Our Excavator Training Course and test packages are priced to be competitive. Discounts are available for multiple bookings
- We can send a fully qualified NPORS Excavator Tester to your site nationwide, to reduce the amount of time away from work to complete the Excavator Test
3 Day Crane/Lift Supervisor Course. £895 pp
29/11/23 – 01/12/23
18/12/23 – 20/12/23
Book your place today as spaces are limited
Excavator Course Duration
Novice Operator: 5 Days, maximum of 1 candidates, This is 1 on 1 training to maximise your time on the machine
Experienced Operator: 1 Day test only, maximum of 4 candidates.
Location: Tewkesbury Training Centre or at your site nationwide
At Our Customers Site*:
Our instructors travel throughout the UK To deliver excavator training
*Mileage and accommodation charges may apply
Traditional card – lasts for 5 years and is mainly accepted with housebuilders, utilities, port and marine as proof of competence OR
NPORS card with CSCS logo – accepted by all major building contractor’s. The initial card is the RED trained operator card which lasts for 2 years and can be upgraded to BLUE competent operator card further to completion of relevant NVQ.
CSCS Health & Safety Test
If you require the NPORS Excavator Red operator card with the CSCS logo on then you must have completed the operatives health and safety test within the last two years.
In house certificates: suitable as proof of operator competence accepted for insurance and HSE compliance.