Lift Supervisor Training
The Aim of the lift supervisor course Course is to:
The aim of this course is to provide candidates with underpinning knowledge in order for them to understand the role and responsibility of the Lift Supervisor. Following successful completion of the NPORS Lift Supervisor course candidates will be able to understand and follow safe systems of work for lifting operations.:
Who should attend the lift supervisors course:
The course is aimed at anyone who is required to supervise lifting operations. It is recommended that prior to attending this course individuals should have some experience of working with lifting equipment..
Lift Supervisor Course Summary
- An Introduction to the Construction Industry.
- Provision and Use of Work Equipment Regulations.
- Lifting Operations and Lifting Equipment Regulations.
- Health and Safety at Work Order.
- Other current relevant regulations.
- Requirements of loads to be lifted from height.
- Maintenance, inspection & through examinations.
- Lifting accessory selection & application.
- Operators Code of Safe Practice.
- Sling sizes & angles, slinging techniques for balanced & unbalanced loads.
- Prepare and mark out the lifting area for setting up the crane
- Theory and practical training and assessment
NPORS Plastic identity card with photo, this card is issued by NPORS.
In house certificates, this is suitable proof of operator competence accepted for insurance and HSE compliance
3 Day course for novices
1 Day for EWT
For further details on the lift supervisor training and to book your place, please call 0800 689 1793