The aim of the NPORS Abrasive Wheels Course is to:
provide both theoretical and practical training to ensure the safe usage of an Abrasive Wheels the safe and efficient Selection and fitting of the Abrasive Wheel. As a result of the training you will receive the red trained operator card
Vally Plant training can provide 1 days training for novice users or an NPORS/CSCS Experienced Worker Test either at our Gloucestershire based training centre or on our customer’s sites Nationwide.
The Abrasive Wheels Course provides safety knowledge and practical training in the selection and use of the Abrasive Wheels.
It is important that all delegates have a good understanding of spoken and written English for Abrasive wheels training.
All candidates will be trained and assessed by our fully accredited NPORS Abrasive wheels Instructors.
NPORS is an approved CSCS Partner Card Scheme, providing evidence that individuals working on construction sites have the appropriate training and qualifications for the use of Abrasive Wheels. Furthermore, training criteria is based on the approved standards of the Construction Leadership Council.
The Objectives of the Course will cover:
- The requirements of the HASAW and PUWER and all associated regulations in respect of Abrasive Wheels.
- Hazards arising from the use of Abrasive Wheels and the precautions that should be taken.
- How to identify the Abrasive Wheel types and characteristics.
- Storage, handling and transportation of Abrasive Wheels.
- Inspecting and testing Abrasive Wheels.
- Personal protective equipment.
NPORS is an approved CSCS Partner Card Scheme, providing evidence that individuals working on construction sites have the appropriate training and qualifications for Abrasive Wheels. Furthermore, training criteria is based on the approved standards of the Construction Leadership Council.
Most major contractors should accept the NPORS Abrasive Wheels card when presented on-site, which displays the silver CSCS logo.
- 3-4 Hours
- Traditional card – lasts for 5 years and is mainly accepted with housebuilders, utilities, port and marine as proof of competence OR
- NPORS card with CSCS logo – accepted by all major building contractor’s. The initial card is the RED trained operator card which lasts for 2 years and can be upgraded to BLUE competent operator card further to completion of relevant NVQ.
- In house certificates: suitable as proof of operator competence accepted for insurance and HSE compliance.
If you require the NPORS abrasive wheels Red operator card with the CSCS logo on then you must have completed the operatives health and safety test within the last two years.
Why Book Your Test With VPT
- Abrasive Wheels Training Available 7 days a week to suit your business requirements.
- VPT have a team of friendly and approachable instructors, who have a wealth of knowledge of abrasive wheels and the construction industry
- We have our own training centre for abrasive wheels conveniently located close to the M5 junction 9, In Tewkesbury. With its own purpose-built practical training area to simulate an actual working environment.
- Our abrasive wheels training and test packages are priced to be competitive. Discounts are available for multiple bookings
- We can send a fully qualified NPORS abrasive wheels Tester to your site nationwide, to reduce the amount of time away from work