Appointed Person Lifting Operations
This course is aimed at anyone who is required to plan safe systems of work using lifting equipment and to gain the Appointed Person operator card. It is recommended that prior to attending this course individuals should have some experience of working with lifting equipment, especially mobile cranes.
Course Aim and Contents:
The aim of this course is to provide candidates with underpinning knowledge in order for them to understand the role and responsibility of the Appointed Person.
The course includes:
- Legislation LOLER, PUWER, HASAWA.
- Codes of practice BS7121.
- Roles and responsibilities of personnel involved with lifting operations.
- Crane appreciation, crane types, capabilities and limitations.
- Duty charts.
- Crane terminology.
- Documentation and certification for lifting equipment and lifting accessories.
- Crane stability/ground conditions.
- Safe Load Indicators (SLI) and Safe Working Loads (SWL).
- Lifting accessories.
- Types of accessories and use.
- Slinging techniques.
- Down rating of accessories.
- Sling angles.
- Planning a lifting operation.
- Writing a risk assessment (end test).
- Writing a method statement (end test).
NPORS Plastic identity card with photo, this card is issued by NPORS.
In house certificates, this is suitable proof of operator competence accepted for insurance and HSE compliance
Experienced Worker Assessment 1 day
Novice is 4 days and a maximum of 6 candidates
For further details on the appointed person training and to book your place, please call 0800 689 1793