The aim of the NPORS Appointed Person Lifting Course:
NPORS Appointed Person Lifting Operations Training is aimed at anyone who is required to plan safe systems of work using lifting equipment and to gain the NPORS Appointed Person operator card. The aim of the course is to provide candidates with underpinning knowledge to prepare them for the role and responsibility.
It is recommended that prior to attending this course individuals should have some experience of working with lifting equipment, especially mobile cranes.
The course includes:
- Legislation LOLER, PUWER, HASAWA.
- Codes of practice BS7121.
- Roles and responsibilities of personnel involved with lifting operations.
- Crane appreciation, crane types, capabilities and limitations.
- Duty charts.
- Crane terminology.
- Documentation and certification for lifting equipment and lifting accessories.
- Crane stability/ground conditions.
- Safe Load Indicators (SLI) and Safe Working Loads (SWL).
- Lifting accessories.
- Types of accessories and use.
- Slinging techniques.
- Down rating of accessories.
- Sling angles.
- Planning a lifting operation.
- Writing a risk assessment (end test).
- Writing a method statement (end test).
Experienced operator – NPORS Appointed Person Lifting Test
NPORS Appointed Person Lifting Operations Test is for operators who have received some form of training in the past or alternatively has been operating lifting equipment for several years. If you are unsure if you qualify to go down the test route please contact us to discuss this in more detail.
There are two parts to the test: a theory section comprised of 30 questions and a practical session.
- Experienced Worker Test: 2 day’s, maximum of 6 candidates
- Novice: 5 day’s training, maximum of 6 candidates
- Location: Tewkesbury or at our clients’ site nationwide
- Funding: CITB Funding may be available, Find out more by clicking the CITB logo below
- Traditional card – lasts for 5 years and is mainly accepted with housebuilders, utilities, port and marine as proof of competence OR
- NPORS card with CSCS logo – accepted by all major building contractor’s. The initial card is the RED trained operator card which lasts for 2 years and can be upgraded to BLUE competent operator card further to completion of relevant NVQ.
- In house certificates: suitable as proof of operator competence accepted for insurance and HSE compliance.
If you require the NPORS Appointed Person Red operator card with the CSCS logo on then you must have completed the operatives health and safety test within the last two years.
Why Book Your Test With VPT
- Appointed Person Training Available 7 days a week to suit your business requirements.
- VPT have a team of friendly and approachable instructors, who have a wealth of knowledge of lifting equipment and the construction industry
- We have our own training centre conveniently located close to the M5 junction 9, In Tewkesbury. With its own purpose-built practical training area to simulate an actual working environment for the AP Course.
- Our Appointed Person training and test packages are priced to be competitive. Discounts are available for multiple bookings
- We can send a fully qualified NPORS Appointed Person Tester to your site nationwide, to reduce the amount of time away from work
For further details on the appointed person training and to book your place, please Email us or call 01684 297167