NPORS Appointed Person Lifting Operations Training
NPORS Appointed Person Training
NPORS Appointed Person Lifting Operations Training is aimed at anyone who is required to plan safe systems of work using lifting equipment and to gain the NPORS Appointed Person operator card. The aim of the course is to provide candidates with underpinning knowledge to prepare them for the role and responsibility.
It is recommended that prior to attending this course individuals should have some experience of working with lifting equipment, especially mobile cranes.
It is important that all delegates have a good understanding of spoken and written English for the appointed person course.
NPORS is an approved CSCS Partner Card Scheme, firstly providing evidence that individuals working on construction sites have the appropriate training and qualifications but more importantly for the safe operation of the appointed person. Furthermore, training criteria is based on the approved standards of the Construction leadership Council.
Experienced Appointed Person Test
For experienced Appointed Persons you must complete a 1 day refresher training course. For refresher training you must have held a certificate or card in the past
The Appointed Person Course Includes:
- Legislation LOLER, PUWER, HASAWA.
- Codes of practice BS7121.
- Roles and responsibilities of personnel involved with lifting operations.
- Crane appreciation, crane types, capabilities and limitations.
- Duty charts.
- Crane terminology.
- Documentation and certification for lifting equipment and lifting accessories.
- Crane stability/ground conditions.
- Safe Load Indicators (SLI) and Safe Working Loads (SWL).
- Lifting accessories.
- Types of accessories and use.
- Slinging techniques.
- Down rating of accessories.
- Sling angles.
- Planning a lifting operation.
- Writing a risk assessment (end test).
- Writing a method statement (end test).
Why Book Your Test With VPT
- Appointed Person Training Available 7 days a week to suit your business requirements.
- VPT have a team of friendly and approachable instructors, who have a wealth of knowledge of lifting equipment and the construction industry
- We have our own training centre conveniently located close to the M5 junction 9, In Tewkesbury. With its own purpose-built practical training area to simulate an actual working environment for the AP Course.
- Our Appointed Person training and test packages are priced to be competitive. Discounts are available for multiple bookings
- We can send a fully qualified NPORS Appointed Person Tester to your site nationwide, to reduce the amount of time away from work
For further details on the appointed person training and to book your place, please Email us or call 01684 297167
Excavator Test Only £295 PP
This is for below10t excavator test only
We have availability on the following dates:
Location GL20 7BE
Appointed Person Course Duration:
Experienced Worker Test: 1 day refresher training, maximum of 6 candidates
Novice: 5 day’s training, maximum of 6 candidates
Location*: Tewkesbury or at our clients’ site nationwide
Mileage and accommodation charges may apply
Traditional card – lasts for 5 years and is mainly accepted with housebuilders, utilities, port and marine as proof of competence OR
NPORS card with CSCS logo – accepted by all major building contractor’s. The initial card is the RED trained operator card which lasts for 2 years and can be upgraded to BLUE competent operator card further to completion of relevant NVQ.
CSCS Health & Safety Test
If you require the NPORS Appointed Person Red operator card with the CSCS logo on then you must have completed the operatives health and safety test within the last two years.
In house certificates: suitable as proof of operator competence accepted for insurance and HSE compliance.