NPORS Cat & Genny Training
NPORS Cable Avoidance Training
The aim of the NPORS Cat & Genny Training is to Provide training in Cable Avoidance and Service Location (Cat and Genny). Training is designed for any person working on the roads, setting out before a build, surveying and any others who may be excavating an area where pipes or cables may be buried underground.
Cable Avoidance Course Content
- Responsibilities under the Health & Safety at Work Act, 1974, and other relevant.
- Cover all aspects of HSG47
- legislation and guidelines.
- Provision & Use of Work Equipment Regulation.
- Manual Handling Regulation.
- Personal Protective Equipment Regulation
- The function and operation of all controls of the cable avoidance tool (CAT).
- The function and operation of all controls of the signal generator (GENNY).
- Correct use in Power, Radio and generator mode(dependent on type there may be other modes)
- Testing, Inspection and maintenance of the equipment.
- Correct search procedure, pinpointing and tracing the service
Why Book Your Test With VPT
- Cat & Genny Training Available 7 days a week to suit your business requirements.
- VPT have a team of friendly and approachable instructors, who have a wealth of knowledge of cable avoidance and the construction industry
- We have our own training centre conveniently located close to the M5 junction 9, In Tewkesbury. With its own purpose-built practical training area to simulate an actual working environment for the cat & genny course.
- Our Cable Avoidance training and test packages are priced to be competitive. Discounts are available for multiple bookings
- We can send a fully qualified NPORS cat & genny Tester to your site nationwide, to reduce the amount of time away from work
3 Day Crane/Lift Supervisor Course. £895 pp
29/11/23 – 01/12/23
18/12/23 – 20/12/23
Book your place today as spaces are limited
Cat And Genny Course Duration
1 Day course for all candidates
Tewkesbury training centre or at our clients’ site nationwide*
*Mileage charges may apply
Traditional card – lasts for 5 years and is mainly accepted with housebuilders, utilities, port and marine as proof of competence OR
NPORS card with CSCS logo – accepted by all major building contractor’s. The initial card is the RED trained operator card which lasts for 2 years and can be upgraded to BLUE competent operator card further to completion of relevant NVQ.
CSCS Health & Safety Test
If you require the NPORS Cable Avoidance Red operator card with the CSCS logo on then you must have completed the operatives health and safety test within the last two years.
In house certificates: suitable as proof of operator competence accepted for insurance and HSE compliance.