The aim Of the NPORS Forklift Truck Training is to:
provide both theoretical and practical training to ensure the safe usage of the Counter Balance Forklift. As a result of the training you will receive the red trained operator card or the Traditional Card
Vally Plant training can provide either training for novice users or an NPORS/CSCS Forklift Truck Experienced Worker Test either at our Gloucestershire based training centre or on our customer’s sites.
The Forklift Course provides safety knowledge and practical training in the safe use of Forklift Trucks.
It is important that all delegates have a good understanding of spoken and written English for Forklift training.
All candidates will be trained and assessed by our fully accredited NPORS Forklift Instructors.
NPORS is an approved CSCS Partner Card Scheme, providing evidence that individuals working on construction sites have the appropriate training and qualifications for the safe operation of the Forklift. Furthermore, training criteria is based on the approved standards of the Construction Leadership Council.
- Structural Parts.
- Safety Operator Video.
- Pre-Use Inspections/Handovers.
- Safe Operating Methods & Hazards.
- Operating in Confined Spaces.
- Operating in Industrial Racking or Scaffold.
- Bulk Stacking & Lorry Loading.
- Theory Test.
- Practical Assessment.
- Course Evaluation.
Experienced operator – NPORS Forklift Truck Test
NPORS Forklift Truck Test is for operators who have received some form of training in the past or alternatively has been operating Forklift trucks for several years. If you are unsure if you qualify to go down the test route please contact us to discuss this in more detail.
There are two parts to the test: a theory section comprised of 25 questions and a practical session.
- Experienced Operator: 1 Day Test Only, a maximum of 4 candidates.
- Novice: 5 Days, a maximum of 3 candidates.
- Location: At our clients site nationwide
- Funding: CITB Funding may be available, Find out more by clicking the CITB logo below
The Novice duration can vary depending on the experience of the candidate on the forklift
- Traditional card – lasts for 5 years and is mainly accepted with housebuilders, utilities, port and marine as proof of competence OR
- NPORS card with CSCS logo – accepted by all major building contractor’s. The initial card is the RED trained operator card which lasts for 2 years and can be upgraded to BLUE competent operator card further to completion of relevant NVQ.
- In house certificates: suitable as proof of operator competence accepted for insurance and HSE compliance.
If you require the NPORS Forklift Red operator card with the CSCS logo on then you must have completed the operatives health and safety test within the last two years.
Why Book Your Test With VPT
- Forklift Truck Training Available 7 days a week to suit your business requirements.
- VPT have a team of friendly and approachable instructors, who have a wealth of knowledge of Forklifts and the construction industry
- We have our own training centre conveniently located close to the M5 junction 9, In Tewkesbury. With its own purpose-built practical training area to simulate an actual working environment. However, this training can only be conducted on your sites
- Our forklift training and test packages are priced to be competitive. Discounts are available for multiple bookings
- We can send a fully qualified NPORS forklift Tester to your site nationwide, to reduce the amount of time away from work