The aim of the Lorry Loader Training Course is to:
Provide the candidate with the basic knowledge and practical skills involved in operating a Lorry Loader ( HIAB ) or clamshell bucket, and on successful completion of the practical test, you will be issued with the NPORS Identity card.
NPORS/CSCS Lorry loader Experienced Worker Test or Training can be delivered at Vally Plant Training’s test centre or on our customer’s sites nationwide, Therefore reducing downtime and disruption of works to our clients.
The Training provides safety knowledge and practical training in the safe use of lorry loaders.
NPORS is an approved CSCS Partner Card Scheme and these cards should be accepted when presented at the site gates. Therefore as a result of this, the NPORS Lorry Loder card is accepted by all the major contractors.
- Be able to operate the machine safely and correctly in accordance with manufacturers’ instructions
- Carry out a pre-shift inspection.
- Be able to operate safely under varying site conditions.
- Be able to load/unload lorry by slinging loads from the lorry loader.
- Set stabilisers correctly – have machine stable and level.
- Engage/disengage PTO correctly.
- Be able to carry out minor adjustments and routine service.
- Have an understanding of responsibilities under Health and Safety at Work Act & other current relevant legislation.
- Name and explain the purpose of principal components
- Carry out shut down and securing procedures
- Explain different types of lifting accessories for use with the lorry loader
Experienced operator – NPORS Lorry Loader Test
NPORS Lorry Loader Test is for operators who have received some form of training in the past or alternatively has been operating the Lorry Loader for several years. If you are unsure if you qualify to go down the test route please contact us to discuss this in more detail.
There are two parts to the test: a theory section comprised of 25 questions and a practical session.
NPORS Lorry Loader Course Duration & Cost
- Experienced Operator: 1 Day test only, maximum 4 candidates
- Novice Operator: 2 Days training, maximum 3 candidates
- Location: At our clients’ site nationwide
- Funding: CITB Funding may be available, Find out more by clicking the CITB logo below
- At Our Customers Site Nationwide*: VPT’s day rate at your site within 80 miles of GL20 is £495.00 per day + £30.00 per person for cards and registration
- All prices quoted are subject to VAT
*Mileage and accommodation charges may apply
- Traditional card – lasts for 5 years and is mainly accepted with housebuilders, utilities, port and marine as proof of competence OR
- NPORS card with CSCS logo – accepted by all major building contractor’s. The initial card is the RED trained operator card which lasts for 2 years and can be upgraded to BLUE competent operator card further to completion of relevant NVQ.
- In house certificates: suitable as proof of operator competence accepted for insurance and HSE compliance.
If you require the NPORS Lorry Loader Red operator card with the CSCS logo on, then you must have completed the operatives health and safety test within the last two years.
Why Book Your Test With VPT
- Lorry Loader Training Available 7 days a week to suit your business requirements.
- VPT have a team of friendly and approachable instructors, who have a wealth of knowledge of lorry loader and the construction industry
- We have our own training centre conveniently located close to the M5 junction 9, In Tewkesbury. With its own purpose-built HIAB practical training area to simulate an actual working environment.
- Our Lorry Loader training and test packages are priced to be competitive. Discounts are available for multiple bookings
- We can send a fully qualified NPORS LORRY LOADER Tester to your site nationwide, to reduce the amount of time away from work
For further details on the lorry loader training and to book your place, please contact us or call 01684 297167