NPORS Telehandler Training
The Aim of the NPORS Telehandler Training Course is to:
Provide the candidate with the basic knowledge and practical skills involved in operating the telescopic handler. On successful completion of the course you will be issued with an NPORS trained operator card.
This course meets the statutory requirements of the Health & Safety at Work Act 1974, and other relevant statutory provisions and Approved Codes of Practice.
This Telehandler training can only be completed on your site due to the training centers restriction
The Objectives of the Telehandler Course is to enable delegates to:
- Be able to operate the Telehandler safely and correctly in accordance with manufacturers' instructions and accepted good practice.
- Carry out Telehandler pre-shift inspection.
- Be able to load and unload vehicles and static racking.
- Understand the causes of instability of the truck and loads.
- Have an understanding of responsibilities under Health and Safety at Work Order & other current relevant legislation.
Telehandler Forklift Course Summary
- Provision and Use of Work Equipment Regulations.
- Lifting Operations and Lifting Equipment Regulations 1998.
- Health and Safety at Work Order.
- Other current relevant regulations.
- Introduction to machine.
- Pre - shift inspections.
- Controls and instruments.
- Components and main types of lift trucks.
- Re - fuelling systems.
- Coolant, fuel and lubrication systems.
- Emergency controls.
- Manoeuvring over uneven ground.
- Operators safety code.
- Handling loaded / unloaded pallets and difficult shaped loads.
- Loading and Unloading flat bed lorries and at various heights.
NPORS Plastic identity card with photo, this card is issued by NPORS.
In house certificates, this is suitable proof of operator competence accepted for insurance and HSE compliance
Course Duration Dependent On Experience
Experienced Operator:1 Day Assessment only
Novice Operator:1-5 Days
For further details on the telehanler training and to book your place, please call 0800 689 1793
Safe Use Of Telehandler
the Strategic Forum Plant Safety Group published a further revision to the guidance intended to help industry reduce the risk of accident and injury when working with telehandlers. The document – Safe Use of Telehandlers in Construction - was first published in 2011. DOWNLOAD HERE(CPA)