Aim of the NPORS Telehandler Training is to:
provide the candidate with the basic knowledge and practical skills involved in operating the telescopic handler. On successful completion of the NPORS Telehandler Training course. you will be issued with an NPORS trained operator card on successful completion of the Telehandler Course
NPORS is an approved CSCS Partner Card Scheme, providing evidence that individuals working on construction sites have the appropriate training and qualifications for the safe use of telehandlers on site. Furthermore, training criteria is based on the approved standards of the Construction Leadership Council.
This Telehandler training can only be completed on your site due to the training centres restriction.
Experienced operator – NPORS Telehandler Test
NPORS Telehandler Test is for operators who have received some form of training in the past or alternatively has been operating the Telehandler for several years. If you are unsure if you qualify to go down the test route please contact us to discuss this in more detail.
There are two parts to the test: a theory section comprised of 25 questions and a practical session.
The Objectives of the NPORS Telehandler Training is to:
- Be able to operate the Telehandler safely and correctly in accordance with manufacturers’ instructions and accepted good practice.
- Carry out Telehandler pre-shift inspection.
- Be able to load and unload vehicles and static racking.
- Understand the causes of instability of the truck and loads.
- Have an understanding of responsibilities under Health and Safety at Act, PUWER, LOLER and other current relevant legislation.
Telehandler Forklift Course Summary
- Provision and Use of Work Equipment Regulations.
- Lifting Operations and Lifting Equipment Regulations 1998.
- Health and Safety at Work Order.
- Other current relevant regulations.
- Introduction to the machine.
- Pre-shift inspections.
- Controls and instruments.
- Components and main types of lift trucks.
- Refuelling systems.
- Coolant, fuel and lubrication systems.
- Emergency controls.
- Manoeuvring over uneven ground.
- Operators safety code.
- Handling loaded/unloaded pallets and difficult shaped loads.
- Loading and Unloading flatbed lorries and at various heights.
NPORS Telehandler Course Duration & Cost
- Experienced Operator: 1 Day Test only, maximum 4 candidates
- Novice Operator: 1-5 Days, maximum 3 candidates
- Location: can only be completed on your site – Nationwide, due to the training centres restriction
- Funding: CITB Funding may be available, Find out more by clicking the CITB logo below
- At Our Customers Site Nationwide*: Our instructors travel throughout the UK To deliver telehandler training
*Mileage and accommodation charges may apply
The Telehandler Training Novice duration can vary depending on the experience of the candidate.
- Traditional card – lasts for 5 years and is mainly accepted with housebuilders, utilities, port and marine as proof of competence OR
- NPORS card with CSCS logo – accepted by all major building contractor’s. The initial card is the RED trained operator card which lasts for 2 years and can be upgraded to BLUE competent operator card further to completion of relevant NVQ.
- In house certificates: suitable as proof of operator competence accepted for insurance and HSE compliance.
If you require the NPORS Telehandler Red operator card with the CSCS logo on then you must have completed the operatives health and safety test within the last two years.
Why Book Your Test With VPT
- NPORS Telehandler Training Available 7 days a week to suit your business requirements.
- VPT have a team of friendly and approachable instructors, who have a wealth of knowledge of the telehandler and the construction industry
- Our Telehandler training and test packages are priced to be competitive. Discounts are available for multiple bookings
- We can send a fully qualified NPORS Telehandler Tester to your site nationwide, to reduce the amount of time away from work
For further details on the telehandler training and to book your place, please contact us or call 01684 297167
Safe Use Of Telehandler
the Strategic Forum Plant Safety Group published a further revision to the guidance intended to help industry reduce the risk of accident and injury when working with telehandlers. The document – Safe Use of Telehandlers in Construction – was first published in 2011. DOWNLOAD HERE(CPA)