The aim of the Scissor Lift training is to:
provide the candidate with the basic knowledge and practical skills involved in operating Mobile Elevated Working Platforms. NPORS Scissor lift training delegates will be enabled to:
- Be able to operate the machine safely and correctly in accordance with manufacturers’ instructions and accepted good practice.
- Site and operate the machine safely in relation to task.
- Be able to carry out minor adjustments and routine services.
- Have an understanding of responsibilities under Health and Safety at Work Order & other current relevant legislation.
NPORS is an approved CSCS Partner Card Scheme, providing evidence that individuals working on construction sites have the appropriate training and qualifications for the safe use of MEWPS. Furthermore, training criteria is based on the approved standards of the Construction Leadership Council.
Mobile Elevating Work Platform (MEWPS) Course Summary
- An Introduction to the Construction Industry.
- Provision and Use of Work Equipment Regulations.
- Lifting Operations and Lifting Equipment Regulations.
- Health and Safety at Work Order.
- Other current relevant regulations.
- Introduction to the machine.
- Pre – shift inspections.
- Controls and instruments.
- Operators Code of Safe Practice.
- Components and types of Mobile Elevating Work Platforms.
- Limitation of use.
- Moving and locating machine.
- Emergency controls.
- Servicing and Inspection Testing.
Course Duration & Cost
1 Day course for 6 candidates
- Location: At our clients’ site nationwide
- Funding: CITB Funding may be available, Find out more by clicking the CITB logo below
- At Our Customers Site Nationwide*: VPT’s day rate at your site within 80 miles of GL20 is £495.00 per day + £30.00 per person for cards and registration
- All prices quoted are subject to VAT
*Mileage and accommodation charges may apply
- Traditional card – lasts for 5 years and is mainly accepted with housebuilders, utilities, port and marine as proof of competence OR
- NPORS card with CSCS logo – accepted by all major building contractor’s. The initial card is the RED trained operator card which lasts for 2 years and can be upgraded to BLUE competent operator card further to completion of relevant NVQ.
- In house certificates: suitable as proof of operator competence accepted for insurance and HSE compliance.
If you require the NPORS Red scissor lift operator card with the CSCS logo on then you must have completed the operatives health and safety test within the last two years.
Why Book Your Test With VPT
- Scissor Lift Training Available 7 days a week to suit your business requirements.
- VPT have a team of friendly and approachable instructors, who have a wealth of knowledge of the Scissor Lift and the construction industry
- We have our own training centre conveniently located close to the M5 junction 9, In Tewkesbury. With its own purpose-built MEWP practical training area to simulate an actual working environment.
- Our Scissor lift training and test packages are priced to be competitive. Discounts are available for multiple bookings
- We can send a fully qualified NPORS scissor lift Tester to your site nationwide, to reduce the amount of time away from work
For further details on the scissor lift training and to book your place, please contact us or call 01684 297167