Scissor Lift Training
The Aim of the Scissor Lift training is to: Provide the candidate with the basic knowledge and practical skills involved in operating Mobile Elevated Working Platforms. The Objectives of the Course are to enable delegates to:
- Be able to operate the machine safely and correctly in accordance with manufacturers' instructions and accepted good practice.
- Be able to operate machine safely and correctly in accordance with manufacturers' instructions and accepted good practice.
- Site and operate machine safely in relation to task.
- Be able to carry out minor adjustments and routine services.
- Have an understanding of responsibilities under Health and Safety at Work Order & other current relevant legislation.
Mobile Elevating Work Platform (MEWPS) Course Summary
- An Introduction to the Construction Industry.
- Provision and Use of Work Equipment Regulations.
- Lifting Operations and Lifting Equipment Regulations.
- Health and Safety at Work Order.
- Other current relevant regulations.
- Introduction to machine.
- Pre - shift inspections.
- Controls and instruments.
- Operators Code of Safe Practice.
- Components and types of Mobile Elevating Work Platforms.
- Limitation of use.
- Moving and locating machine.
- Emergency controls.
- Servicing and Inspection Testing.
NPORS Plastic identity card with photo, this card is issued by NPORS. In house certificates, this is suitable proof of operator competence accepted for insurance and HSE compliance
1 Day course for all candidates
For further details on the scissor lift training and to book your place, please call 0800 689 1793