NPORS Scissor Lift Training
The aim of the Scissor Lift training is to:
Provide the candidate with the basic knowledge and practical skills involved in operating Mobile Elevated Working Platforms. NPORS Scissor lift training delegates will be enabled to:
- Be able to operate the machine safely and correctly in accordance with manufacturers’ instructions and accepted good practice.
- Site and operate the machine safely in relation to task.
- Be able to carry out minor adjustments and routine services.
- Have an understanding of responsibilities under Health and Safety at Work Order & other current relevant legislation.
NPORS is an approved CSCS Partner Card Scheme, providing evidence that individuals working on construction sites have the appropriate training and qualifications for the safe use of MEWPS. Furthermore, training criteria is based on the approved standards of the Construction Leadership Council.
Boom Lift Training
We at Vally Plant Training also offer the Boom Lift Training Course. The two can run at the same time so you are able to gain both qualifications to operate these MEWPS in the workplace
Mobile Elevating Work Platform (MEWPS) Course Summary
- An Introduction to the Construction Industry.
- Provision and Use of Work Equipment Regulations.
- Lifting Operations and Lifting Equipment Regulations.
- Health and Safety at Work Order.
- Other current relevant regulations.
- Introduction to the machine.
- Pre – shift inspections.
- Controls and instruments.
- Operators Code of Safe Practice.
- Components and types of Mobile Elevating Work Platforms.
- Limitation of use.
- Moving and locating machine.
- Emergency controls.
- Servicing and Inspection Testing.
Why Book Your Test With VPT
- Scissor Lift Training Available 7 days a week to suit your business requirements.
- VPT have a team of friendly and approachable instructors, who have a wealth of knowledge of the Scissor Lift and the construction industry
- We have our own training centre conveniently located close to the M5 junction 9, In Tewkesbury. With its own purpose-built MEWP practical training area to simulate an actual working environment.
- Our Scissor lift training and test packages are priced to be competitive. Discounts are available for multiple bookings
- We can send a fully qualified NPORS scissor lift Tester to your site nationwide, to reduce the amount of time away from work
For further details on the scissor lift training and to book your place, please contact us or call 01684 297167
Forward tipping dumper test only on 25/02/21
£180 plus vat
Scissor Lift Course Duration
1 Day course for 6 candidates
Location: At our clients’ site nationwide
Funding: CITB Funding may be available, Find out more by clicking the CITB logo below
At Our Customers Site Nationwide*: Our instructors travel throughout the UK to deliver MEWP training
*Mileage and accommodation charges may apply
Traditional card – lasts for 5 years and is mainly accepted with housebuilders, utilities, port and marine as proof of competence OR
NPORS card with CSCS logo – accepted by all major building contractor’s. The initial card is the RED trained operator card which lasts for 2 years and can be upgraded to BLUE competent operator card further to completion of relevant NVQ.
CSCS Health & Safety Test
If you require the NPORS Red scissor lift or boom lift operator card with the CSCS logo on then you must have completed the operatives health and safety test within the last two years.
In house certificates: suitable as proof of operator competence accepted for insurance and HSE compliance.