NPORS Excavator Training
The aim of NPORS Excavator Training Course is to:
Provide both theoretical and practical training to ensure the safe usage of an excavator including the safe and efficient operation of tracked or wheeled machines. On successful completion of the NPORS Excavator Training Course you will receive the red trained operator card
The NPORS Excavator Training Course provides safety knowledge and practical training in the safe use of tracked or wheeled excavators.
It is important that all delegates have a good understanding of spoken and written English for excavator training.
NPORS is an approved CSCS Partner Card Scheme, providing evidence that individuals working on construction sites have the appropriate excavator training and qualifications for the safe operation of the excavator. Furthermore, training criteria is based on the approved standards of the Construction Leadership Council.
NPORS Excavator Test For Experienced Operators
NPORS Excavator Test is for operators who have received some form of training in the past or alternatively has been operating the Excavator for a number of years. If you are unsure if you qualify to go down the test route please contact our team to discuss this in more detail.
The test can be conducted on wheeled and tracked 360 excavators below and above 10 tonnes.
There are two parts to the excavator test, a theory section comprised of 25 questions and a practical session.
NPORS Excavator Training Course Content
To develop both skills and knowledge associated with this type of machine, the following topics will be covered:
Excavator Training Theory:
- Statutory Requirements.
- Site Safety Awareness.
- Operating Safety Code.
- Road & Site Travelling Procedures.
- NPORS Multiple Choice Theory Test.
Practical Excavator Training/Assessment:
- Introduction to the Machine.
- Control Familiarisation.
- Pre-Start Checks & Basic Maintenance Procedures.
- Basic Driving Procedures & Practice.
- Use of Hydraulic Controls.
- Parking at End of Shift Procedures/ Practice.
- Road & Site Travelling Procedures/Practice.
- Excavating & Digging Procedures/Practice.
- Trenching Procedures/Practice.
- Back-filling Procedures/Practice.
- Site Levelling & Ground Consolidation Procedures/Practice.
- Practical Skills Tests.
- Micro Excavator up to 1T
- Excavator Below 10T
- Excavator above and below 10T
- Wheeled Or Tracked
- 180 excavator (3CX)
- Lifting Operations(additional)
Why Book Your Test With VPT
- Excavator Training Available 7 days a week to suit your business requirements.
- VPT have a team of friendly and approachable instructors, who have a wealth of knowledge of the excavator and the construction industry
- We have our own training centre conveniently located close to the M5 junction 9, In Tewkesbury. With its own purpose-built Excavator practical training area to simulate an actual working environment.
- Our Excavator Training Course and test packages are priced to be competitive. Discounts are available for multiple bookings
- We can send a fully qualified NPORS Excavator Tester to your site nationwide, to reduce the amount of time away from work to complete the Excavator Test
More Information About NPORS Training
If you have any questions or to book your excavator course or test today please contact us or call 01684 297167
Excavator Below 10t test only on 16/04/21
£220 plus vat
Excavator Course Duration
Novice Operator: 5 Days, maximum of 1 candidates, This is 1 on 1 training to maximise your time on the machine
Experienced Operator: 1 Day test only, maximum of 4 candidates.
Location: Tewkesbury Training Centre or at your site nationwide
At Our Customers Site Nationwide*: Our instructors travel throughout the UK To deliver excavator training
Funding: CITB Funding may be available, Find out more by clicking the CITB logo below
*Mileage and accommodation charges may apply
Traditional card – lasts for 5 years and is mainly accepted with housebuilders, utilities, port and marine as proof of competence OR
NPORS card with CSCS logo – accepted by all major building contractor’s. The initial card is the RED trained operator card which lasts for 2 years and can be upgraded to BLUE competent operator card further to completion of relevant NVQ.
CSCS Health & Safety Test
If you require the NPORS Excavator Red operator card with the CSCS logo on then you must have completed the operatives health and safety test within the last two years.
In house certificates: suitable as proof of operator competence accepted for insurance and HSE compliance.