The aim of the NPORS Ride On Road Roller Training is to.
provide both theoretical and practical training to ensure the safe usage of a Ride On Roller.
Vally Plant training can provide either training for novice users or an NPORS/CSCS Ride On Road Roller Experienced Worker Test either at our Gloucestershire based training centre or on our customer’s sites.
NPORS is an approved CSCS Partner Card Scheme, providing evidence that individuals working on construction sites have the appropriate training and qualifications for the ride on roller operations. Furthermore, training criteria is based on the approved standards of the Construction Leadership Council.
The course time is spent on developing skills and knowledge associated with the road roller.
Topics covered include:-
- Site Safety Awareness.
- Operating Safety Code.
- Introduction to machine / Control Familiarisation.
- Pre-Start Checks and Refuelling.
- General Operating.
- Set the roller for compaction duties
- Explain actions required for hazards underground and overhead services
- Recognise compacted/uncompacted areas
- Conditions that may cause instability of the roller
- Safety procedures when working up to unsupported edges.
- Park and shut down procedures.
- NPORS Multi-Choice Theory Test.
- NPORS Practical Skills Test.
- Pedestrian Roller
- Ride on articulated
- Ride on rigid
- Ride on heavy duty
- Ride on vibrating
- Dead weight
- Ride on articulated/vibrating
Experienced operator – NPORS Ride On Road Roller Test
NPORS Ride On Road Roller Test is for operators who have received some form of training in the past or alternatively has been operating the Ride On Road Roller for several years. If you are unsure if you qualify to go down the test route please contact us to discuss this in more detail.
There are two parts to the test: a theory section comprised of 25 questions and a practical session.
NPORS Ride On Roller Course Duration & Cost
- Experienced Worker Test: 1 day test only, maximum 6 candidates. Cost £220.00 Per Person
- Novice: 3 days training, maximum 3 candidates. Cost £695.00 per person
- Location: Tewkesbury Training Centre
- Funding: CITB Funding may be available, Find out more by clicking the CITB logo below
- Prices Quoted Above: are at VPT Training Centre
- At Our Customers Site Nationwide*: VPT’s day rate at your site within 80 miles of GL20 is £495.00 per day + £30.00 per person for cards and registration
- All prices quoted are subject to VAT
*Mileage and accommodation charges may apply
- Traditional card – lasts for 5 years and is mainly accepted with housebuilders, utilities, port and marine as proof of competence OR
- NPORS card with CSCS logo – accepted by all major building contractor’s. The initial card is the RED trained operator card which lasts for 2 years and can be upgraded to BLUE competent operator card further to completion of relevant NVQ.
- In house certificates: suitable as proof of operator competence accepted for insurance and HSE compliance.
If you require the NPORS Road Roller Red operator card with the CSCS logo on then you must have completed the operatives health and safety test within the last two years.
Why Book Your Test With VPT
- Ride On Road Roller Training Available 7 days a week to suit your business requirements.
- VPT have a team of friendly and approachable instructors, who have a wealth of knowledge of Ride On Road Rollers and the construction industry
- We have our own training centre conveniently located close to the M5 junction 9, In Tewkesbury. With its own purpose-built practical road roller training area to simulate an actual working environment.
- Our Ride On Roller training and test packages are priced to be competitive. Discounts are available for multiple bookings
- We can send a fully qualified NPORS Roller Tester to your site nationwide, to reduce the amount of time away from work
For further details on the NPORS Ride On Roller training and to book your place, please contact us or call 01684 297167